Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ocho. Otto. Acht. Osiem.

No matter what language you speak, it all means the same.  EIGHT.  Eight ultrasounds.  Even my ultrasound tech told me today that I should have my picture framed in the office for the most ultrasounds.  She really does not ever recall having another patient with as many ultrasounds as we have had.  Hey!  I'm not complaining!!

Today's ultrasound was pivotal.  Today's ultrasound was the determining factor in when exactly we would deliver.  As you know, we had a date set for October 25th (a mere 13 days away...YAY!!!), but we've also been battling with oligohydraminos (low amniotic fluid) which gave us the possibility of delivering early.  Well, I'm happy to report that my fluid levels are back where they should be and baby is no longer breech!!  Hooray for us!!  So we're officially a go for October 25th - unless my Dr. has something up her sleeve that we're unaware of...

We were also able to get some good measurements today and baby boy is (for the most part) hanging out in the 34-35 week range...right on schedule.  Now, I say "for the most part" because his abdomen is measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule.  Looks like we'll have a cute little pudgy baby!!  And along with being pudgy...I'm the MOST excited to report that he is weighing about 5lb 15oz!!!!  I am so beyond relieved that he is that close to 6 lbs!  Makes me much more comfortable come delivery time!!



Also had a little discussion with Carly today (the nurse I hand-picked for the procedure!) and she eased my mind as she gave us a quick run-down on how the day would go.  Now I'm even MORE prepared and so excited to finally get this show on the road!!!

13 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: