Thursday, October 13, 2011

And, He's Back!

After 2 weeks of being IV-free, it's unfortunate for me to say that I will be getting my IV start "re-installed" ('cause I'm kinda like a machine!) this afternoon!  There are several reasons for this...

For one (and the major one), I have a *new* condition that was diagnosed yesterday at my ultrasound!  HOORAY!!!  I have a condition called vasa previa.  Please, whatever you do, do not research it online.  In a nutshell, what it means is that if I were to deliver naturally, the cord would present itself before the baby - which is not good, but I'm having a c-section anyway, so it doesn't really matter...just makes me more fragile!  

Secondly, I have started having mild contractions (and by mild, I mean seriously mild...like sometimes can't even feel them, mild!!).  If these continue - and get more painful - then it's go time!

Finally, with all my other conditions, my Dr. thinks it's best to be prepared in case of an emergency - especially since we're closing in on these last few days.  We aren't sure when I could go, so in her eyes, it's best that I have my blood work in the lab and can be easily connected to fluids...just in case!  So, I guess I can't complain!!!  

So Mr. IV knew that he wouldn't be gone for long...and yes, he's back.  But that just means we're getting close to seeing our baby in the flesh!!!!

0 comments: